The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is an international organization with Headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. Africa Re has six regional offices in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Cairo (Egypt), Casablanca (Morocco), Lagos (Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), and Port Louis (Mauritius). In addition, Africa Re wholly-owns a Subsidiary in South Africa (Africa Re South Africa Limited) and a Retakaful company in Egypt (Africa Retakaful Company).
The Corporation is owned by 41 member states of the African Union (AU), the African Development Bank (AfDB), 111 African insurance and reinsurance companies in Africa and 3 leading global insurance and reinsurance groups.
The current headquarters of Africa Re is located in Lagos at 1679 Karimu Kotun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Africa Re would like to relocate its head office to Abuja, Nigeria, the Federal Capital City of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, by developing a new building for its headquarters.
For that, it has already acquired a plot of land located at Plot No. 1572, Central Area, Cadastral Zone A00, in the Central Business District (CBD) of Abuja, adjoining the Federal Ministry of Finance.
Africa Re is in the process of developing its Corporate Headquarters Building in the CBD of Abuja, Nigeria.
The project being contemplated will be
• Modern and outstanding in design to reflect the Corporate Image of Africa Re
• Different from the surrounding buildings
• High rise office building
• Adjustable open floors design
• With first class facilities
• Using sustainable material
• Protecting the environment
• Smart building
• Energy efficient
• Easily accessible by physically challenged persons
• Meeting high security standards
• Meeting standards that will ensure maximum return on investment.
The role of the participating architectural firm is to present design concepts and ancillary consulting services for a high rise office building of between seven (7) to ten (10) floors and guided by the brief below: