The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is an International Financial Institution with Headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). Africa Re equally has one (1) Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), one Underwriting Representative Office in Kampala, Uganda and three (3) Subsidiaries (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency Limited in Dubai (The United Arab Emirates).
Africa Re has implemented the Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management and Finance modules of the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS). Our current version of the software is Release 12.1.3 and we seek to upgrade to a recent and the most stable release of EBS. This comprises of EBS application (12.1.3) and the database (Oracle database 220.127.116.11).
The modules are:
• Oracle Core Human Resources
• Oracle Self-Service Human Resources
• Oracle Payroll
• Oracle Learning Management
• Oracle Financials
• Oracle Inventory Management
• Oracle iExpense
• Oracle Purchasing
The Corporation therefore seeks bids from reputable Oracle partners to carry out the upgrade. The goal is to take advantage of its new features and enhancements and implement an up-to-date and supported version of the EBS.
The partner will be required to undertake the following:
1. Assess the current status of the application and prepare necessary requirement documentation (versions, configurations, customizations, reports, interfaces, etc.) for a successful upgrade.
2. Recommend the latest release based on stability and features (application and database) that would best meet the Corporation’s requirements.
3. Prepare a project plan and provide a competent and experienced project team for the assignment.
4. Perform the upgrade and conduct a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) leading to the project sign off.
5. Lead the transition, validate data migration.
6. Draft user guides, and conduct end user training on the new features.
7. Launch the general availability and provide post implementation support for a minimum of 4 months.
8. Transfer knowledge and close the project.
The project, to be implemented within a reasonable timeframe, would provide but not be limited to the following key deliverables:
1. An assessment document with requirements, risks and assumptions.
2. A project charter describing the scope, duration, cost, staff, project plan, key success factors, etc...
3. A design document with technical specifications.
4. UAT sign off document.
5. Data migration sign off document,
6. User guides, end user training on the new features,
7. Go live readiness sign off document,
8. Sign off post implementation support and project closure report.
Responses to this RFP will be evaluated and scored on the following criteria:
• Experience of the company
• Understanding of the assignment.
• Approach and methodology.
• Implementation plan.
• Project team (Project Management, Functional and Technical).
• Firm’s financial stability.
• Quality and clarity of proposal presentation.
To facilitate the analysis of responses to this RFP, firms are required to prepare their proposals in accordance with the instructions outlined in this section. Firms whose proposals deviate from these instructions may be considered non-responsive and may be disqualified at the discretion of the Corporation.
Proposals should be prepared as simply as possible and provide a straightforward, concise description of the firm's capabilities to satisfy the requirements of the RFP. Emphasis should be concentrated on accuracy, completeness, and clarity of content. All parts, pages, figures, and tables should be numbered and labeled clearly. The proposal should be organized into the following major sections:
1.0 Executive summary
2.0 Company Experience / Expertise
3.0 Approach and methodology
4.0 Organization and staffing
5.0 Cost quotation
6.0 Financial information
7.0 Resumes of key staff to be deployed
The firm may request for clarification only up to 3 days before proposal submission date. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing by letter or email to the Africa Re’s address indicated below. Africa Re will respond by letter or email to such requests and will send written copies of the response (including an explanation of the query but without identifying the source of the inquiry) to all firms which intend to submit proposals.
Contact for clarification: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Proposals should be submitted through the email address email@example.com not later than July 15, 2022, and the subject of the email should read “UPGRADE OF ORACLE EBS”. Any proposal received by Africa Re after the submission deadline shall be rejected.