The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is an international organization with Headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. Africa Re has six regional offices in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Cairo (Egypt), Casablanca (Morocco), Lagos (Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), and Ebene (Mauritius). In addition, Africa Re wholly-owns a Subsidiary in South Africa (Africa Re South Africa Limited) and a Retakaful company in Egypt (Africa Retakaful Company).
The Corporation is owned by 41 member states of the African Union (AU), the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies in Africa and 3 leading global insurance and reinsurance groups.
The current headquarters of Africa Re is located in Lagos at Plot 1679 Karimu Kotun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Africa Re would like to relocate its head office to Abuja, Nigeria, the Federal Capital City of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, by developing a new building for its headquarters.
For that, it has already acquired a plot of land located at Plot No. 1572, Central Area, Cadastral Zone A00, in the Central Business District (CBD) of Abuja, adjoining the Federal Ministry of Finance.
African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) intends to prequalify contractors and MEP sub-contractors for the construction of its 11 floors Head Office Building to be located at Plot No. 1572, Central Area, Cadastral Zone A00, in the Central Business District (CBD) of Abuja, adjoining the Federal Ministry of Finance.
The Building will have a single basement level and provisions for lettable office spaces on typical floors and dedicated offices for Africa Re on three floors. The building also has provision for a gym, canteens, crèche and other services.
The building is designed to have a technical floor which will accommodate inverters, batteries, air handling units, chillers and pumps above the tenth floor, while the roof level serves as platform for photovoltaic panels.
Adequate provision for car parking is made in the basement floor and upper split-floor levels terminating at the third floor of the main building. The building shall meet all security standards with optimal return on investment
The building shall comply with the Green Building Initiative and will seek to be LEED (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) certified by the USGBC (US Green Building Council).
Interested and competent building & MEP contractors with relevant technical competence are invited to submit their proposals for prequalification.
The submissions should include company’s capabilities, evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies, cognate experience of contractor’s firm’s partners and proven experience in modern office building construction. The submissions shall include the contractor’s existing venues of business (workloads), capacity of plant and tools to carry out the project, sufficient funds to fulfill the project’s needs, and aptness of technical skills and experience (work records, completion time, technical knowledge and cost).
In addition to the eligibility conditions above, the submissions must be accompanied with the following:
- Evidence of Company Registration with the relevant authorities in the home country and in Nigeria where applicable;
- Evidence of License to operate in the home country and in Nigeria in case of foreign firms;
- Company’s audited accounts for the last three years (2016-2019);
- Evidence of financial capability (credit ratio, current ratio, asset turnover ratio);
- Evidence of having successfully carried out similar construction projects within the last five years;
- Reputation (Past failures in completed projects, number of years in construction, past client relationships, cooperation with contactors), and Litigation history in the past 10 years if applicable
- Comprehensive company profile and organizational structure;
- Contractor’s management capability (Past performance and quality, quality control policy, project management system, experience of technical personnel, manangement knowledge);
- Technical expertise and performance (resources and experience, occupational health and safety management system, accidents, insurance policy), with resumes and evidence of employment relationships / contracts of key professionals to be deployed permanently and/or partially to the envisaged project;
- Evidence of availability of requisite and appropriate staff/skill for job;
- Indication of the financial institution (bank or insurance company) which is usually used for performance or advance payment guarantees
- In case of an international firm, evidence of local partnership.
Any claim on qualification, capabilities and experience must be evidenced and Africa Re given the right to contact the third parties.
Request for Information & Clarifications: E-mail to email@example.com
All proposals shall be submitted in soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions shall be made on or before Friday, 28th August, 2020.
Qualified firms will be invited to defend their submissions before the Project Team and the selected firms will be invited to tender.
Please download related documents below