The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) as well as one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It also has two (2) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited and Africa Retakaful) in Johannesburg (South Africa) and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies, and three (3) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best Company and A– by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa Re is Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), with Regional Offices / Contact Offices / Subsidiaries in the following African cities :
1. Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire)
2. Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
3. Casablanca (Morocco)
4. Cairo (Egypt)
5. Ebène (Mauritius)
6. Lagos (Nigeria)
7. Nairobi (Kenya)
8. Johannesburg (South Africa)
Africa-Re would like to engage the services of a reputable, competent and technically qualified Consultant with an extensive expertise in “Organizational Culture Transformation” and has a proven track record of successful implementation of same in a similar International Organization like Africa Re.
Africa Re’s objectives for outcomes of this assignment are:
1. To seek a Culture Transformation Initiative that will collectively respond to recent customer needs, government policies, industrial regulations, natural perils, pricing trends and technological innovations by collectively adapting and doing things differently in order to remain relevant and competitive in our emerging volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) Reinsurance landscape.
2. Align all Africa Re employees to the Corporate strategic objectives by ensuring employees are more customer centric, result oriented, innovative, collaborative, imbibe planning, open-mindedness, adaptability and periodic performance review cultures as well as focus on strategic objectives / initiatives and commitment to continuous learning.
3. Shared awareness of Africa Re’s vision, mission, values and strategy.
4. Significant and lasting improvement in the internal capacity for Culture Change Management, Innovation and Continuous Improvement.
5. Increasing productivity amidst VUCA business environment.
It has become imperative that a culture change initiative occurs within the business to ensure this holistic transformation while preserving those distinctive competencies, values and aspects of our culture that have made us strong and market leader in the African Continent.
Amongst others, the Consultant will:
1. Evaluate available data on Organization Culture and Value Assessment.
2. Identify current behaviours / cultures and deeply ingrained convictions ‘AS –IS’ situation) and recommend a clear roadmap for the proposed ‘TO BE’ culture.
3. A clear definition and articulation of the need(s) for Culture Change / Transformation
4. Align the desired culture changes (‘TO BE’) with the Africa Re’s objectives and strategies.
5. Propose a detailed Corporate-wide Culture Transformation “Game Plan”, and the methodology for the roadmap acceptable to Africa Re on how the Corporation will approach and conduct the project considering its peculiar nature. This will be done in close collaboration with Management and Culture Transformation leadership team.
6. Develop a Culture Change Management program composed of specific initiatives and actions Africa Re can implement to achieve its objectives.
7. Set goals to continue building on the momentum already achieved by the Corporation.
8. Facilitate / provide coaching / training services for teams / locations on Culture Change / Transformation.
9. Develop metrics to evaluate the Culture Change programs
10. Proposers may recommend to Africa Re additional elements for inclusion in the Game Plan / Road Map.
The Consultant is expected to:
a. Have good knowledge of Africa Re‘s business, structure and spread across the African Continent;
b. Have clarity and good understanding of the project;
c. Be bilingual ( French and English Language) with good communicating for impact skills;
d. Have good understanding Human dynamics and how to deal;
e. See through a process lens;
f. Be a change champion and result driven.
Aside from the technical proposal, the Consultant is expected to include in their bid, a Financial Proposal containing the professional fees payable on completion of this assignment.
The proposal is expected to cover the scope of work, major strategies and methodology and costs should be broken down into milestones as payments will be based on achieved phases / milestones.
1. Assessment, Analysis and Preliminary Report
2. Culture Transformation Road Map
3. Planning and Designing of Instruments
4. Communication and Culture Change Management Programs
5. Implementation and Engagement
6. Feedback and Evaluation
7. Final Report and Presentation
Very important: The Consultant shall present for approval the detailed outline of the preliminary and final report.
The Consultant is expected to conclude this assignment and present the final report on or before end of June 2020. Discussions will be held between the Consultant and Africa Re on milestones.
It is expected that the selected Consultant will maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regard to the information provided before, during and after the completion of the assignment.
The Consultant shall also maintain the highest standard of professional and ethical values and norms in providing this consultancy service and shall be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
The Proposals must be sent through email or delivered to the submission address indicated below in triplicate copies sealed in an envelope and received by Africa Re not later than 15 February, 2020.
The Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
African Reinsurance Corporation
Plot 1679 Karimu Kotun Street
Victoria Island PMB 12765 Lagos, Nigeria