Introduction of the Corporation
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and two (2) Contact Offices in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) and Khartoum (Sudan). It also has three (3) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful Company Ltd. in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency in Dubai (UAE).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 42 African member States, the African Development Bank, 113 African insurance and reinsurance companies, and three (3) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is “A” by A.M. Best and “A –“ by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa Re announces the vacancy of the position of Technical Accounting Assistant in her Cairo Regional Office in Egypt.
The successful candidate shall provide technical accounting support to the underwriting team in the processing, maintenance and reconciliation of cedants / brokers accounts, credit control function, following up with the missing statements, preparing the requested reports.
The main duties of the Technical Accounting Assistant shall comprise amongst others the following:
- Recording, verifying & processing statements received from the cedant/ brokers, premium closings, quarterly closings, excess of loss prem., etc
- Reviewing the account with underwriting information
- Process the closing after reviewing if its correct
- Following up with the missing accounts
- Following up the Statement of account received from financial department and request the missing items and assist in finalizing the reconciliations
- Responses to enquire from cedants/brokers on balances and circularization from external auditors.
- Managing the relationship with the internal audit as concerns the department records and transactions.
- Preparation of schedules to assist the external auditors
- Attend to issues raised by external auditors
- Preparation of the requested reports such as monthly report
- Supporting the underwriters in cedants / brokers relationship management.
- Any other tasks as delegated from time to time by the supervisor.
The successful candidate shall be based in Cairo - Egypt.
MAIN COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Knowledge of Finance
- Sound knowledge and interpretation data analysis;
- Very high numerical and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as proven writing and reporting skills;
- Fast-learner with ability to multitask;
- Very high integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- A self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a challenging and fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel tool and excellent skills in other MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Applicants shall be holders of
- University Degree in relevant fields (in Accounting, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other numerate degree).
- Relevant Professional qualifications in a similar role for 1-2 Years of experience will be an added advantage
- Relevant work experience in a reputable Insurance/Reinsurance organization at similar level is required;
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re;
Salary & Benefits
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Support Staff Grade Level
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Transport Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment allowance that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation and inflation.
Procedure for Application
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested candidates for this position are requested to visit the Africa Re website (africa-re.com/career) to complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.
The Company reserves the right to appoint at the advertised level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS
Closing date for submission of applications: 10 July 2022