Introduction of the Corporation
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It also has three (3) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful Company Ltd. in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency in Dubai (UAE).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 42 African member States, the African Development Bank, 113 African insurance and reinsurance companies, and three (3) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa-Re hereby invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Receptionist/Front Office Admin Assistant at the Support Grade Level in her East Africa Regional Office based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate shall manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
S/he will be joining a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service. S/he will be the first point of contact for our company and therefore must possess a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. S/he should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
Ultimately, S/he shall ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Under the supervision of the ADFA/PA, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Supports the smooth running of the front office department, where all aspects of the guest journey and experience are delivered to the highest level.
- Works proactively to improve guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and timely response to guest enquiries and problem resolution.
- Operating and ensuring that the PABX is in good working condition at all time.
- Receiving, sorting, registering and distributing incoming mails for the assigned office for actions.
- Ensure Security, Occupational safety and Health measures are adhered to at all times at the reception.
- Updating appointment calendars and scheduling meetings/appointments when necessary.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company, location and any other related information.
- Maintaining an up to date data/filing system in the office.
- Typing of Minutes.
- Handling telephone calls and appointments as requested by other departments.
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents.
- Making and raising of reimbursement of approved office consumables.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Supervise cleaners to ensure all areas of the office are cleaned properly.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Undertaking any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned.
- Work collaboratively with Personal Assistant in most meeting arrangements and other tasks from time to time.
- Relief the Secretary/Personal Assistant when on vacation
- Takes ownership to deliver an effective planned guest engagement programme.
- Attending to other duties as may be assigned by the Corporation or management/ supervisor from time to time
The successful candidate shall be based in Nairobi (Kenya).
MAIN COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Proven work experience as an Office Administrator, Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Strong leadership skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Ability to find creative solutions with proven problem-solving capabilities offering support where required
- Confidentiality, Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Experience of working with IT systems on various platforms
- Good communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. PBX, Scanners, Copiers, fax machines and printers)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. computers, switchboard, and printers)
- Excellent presentation with a professional and friendly appearance and disposition
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism to both internal and external customers
- A discrete and ethical approach to issues
- Ability to accurately follow instructions
- Relevant working exposure in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience in a similar position and organization
- Relevant Professional Qualification will be an added advantage
Salary & Benefits
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Support Staff Grade Level
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation
- Transport Allowance
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Procedure for Application
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa-Re website at https://www.africa-re.com/career to complete the online employment form.
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations. The Corporation reserves the right to appoint at the advertised grade level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 10 July 2022