The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa-Re hereby announces the vacancy for two (2) positions of Assistant Underwriting Officer in its Lagos, West Africa Regional Office.
The Assistant Underwriting Officers support Underwriters in daily activities (processing) that provide services to customers.
The duties of the Assistant Underwriting Officers shall comprise amongst others:
• Perform underwriting support activities associated with information gathering of all businesses, renewals, and mid-term changes on behalf of the Underwriter.
• Prepare renewal and new business quotations proposals to cedants and brokers
• Maintain Proper records of all businesses offers and transactions received and concluded
• Working directly with Underwriters to help manage and support their renewal and new business book
• Ensure that all the treaties/facultative contracts are processed and the cover notes/slips/wordings signed and sent out to cedants and brokers
• Attending to client enquiries, social and business functions and other related activities for overall marketing effectiveness
• Assisting the finance team in viewing the reconciliation of cedant and broker accounts and chasing outstanding amounts due from them while also ensuring timely remittance of amount due to them.
• Any other duties that may be required or assigned
The successful candidate shall be based in Lagos (Nigeria).
COMPETENCIES AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Good technical knowledge of insurance/Reinsurance;
• Strong interpersonal skills, detailed oriented and customer service focused
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Organizational skills and Ability to multitask;
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high production environment.
• Problem solving skills with capacity for taking initiatives
• Capacity for analysis and reasoning
• Flexibility, Adaptability, and creativity
• Proficiency in MS Office. Experience and knowledge in a Re/Insurance system will be an added value
Applicants must also be Nationals of member States of Africa Re
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• First University Degree in relevant field;
• 2 Years of relevant work experience in Underwriting or Claims fields in the Insurance and/or Reinsurance industry.
• Additional professional qualifications in insurance and working knowledge in French language shall be an added advantage.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
• Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
• Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
• Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
• Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
• Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
• Transport Allowance
• Housing Allowance
• Inflation Adjustment allowance that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation and inflation.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa-Re website at
http://www.africa-re.com/career for full job descriptions, main specifications, salary & benefits
and to complete the online employment form.
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 31 January 2020