The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s
Africa-Re hereby announces the vacancy for the position of an Technical Accounts Officer in her Cairo Regional Office on the Support Staff Grade Level.
Prompt collection of premium income through maintenance of up-to-date statements of accounts for allocated market. Work closely with Technical Accounts & Claims Unit to facilitate prompt reconciliation of cedant accounts. The incumbent shall report directly to the Head of Finance & Accounts Department.
• Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required and intermediate usage of accounting and financial applications.
• Good interpersonal skills, Customer focus, Self-motivation, Discipline, Reliable, with very high Integrity and good sense of responsibility;
• Fluent communication in English. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Minimum qualifications for all positions to include the following:
• First University degree or its equivalent in relevant fields in Finance, Accounting Insurance or Business Administration.
• Preferably fresh graduates but not more than 2 Years post-graduation experience.
• Basic knowledge of financial performance evaluation techniques, profit analysis & cost accounting techniques.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
· Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Support Staff Grade Level SS1- SS2
· Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
· Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
· Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
· Medical cover for staff and family;
· Housing Allowance
Procedure for Application
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa-Re website at https://www.africa-re.com/career for full job descriptions, main specifications, salary & benefits and to complete the online employment form.
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
Closing date for submission of applications: 3 February 2020