The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company, the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums and among Top 40 Global Reinsurance Groups by 2018 S&P Ranking.
Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) as well as one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It also has two (2) Subsidiary Companies - Africa Re South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa) and Africa Retakaful and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States; the African Development Bank; 111 African insurance and reinsurance companies; and four (4) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A (Stable Outlook) by A.M. Best Company and A – (Stable Outlook) by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa Re announces the vacancy of the position of Senior Security Officer in her Head Office in Lagos (Nigeria) on the Support Staff Grade level.
Reporting functionally to Group Managing Director/CEO or his representative, the Senior Security Officer will serve as Africa Re’s Chief Security Adviser on all security related matters and also report to the Director, Human Resource & Administration for administrative and logistics oversight.
The duties of the Senior Security Officer shall comprise amongst others:
- Develop/Implement security policies, protocols and procedures;
- Prevent loss and protect assets, including Corporation’s reputation;
- Ensure security education and awareness for staff members.
- Plan and coordinate security operations for Executive Management, for specific events and Protocol activities;
- Advise the Management on all security-related matters and participate in discussions and development of security policies and procedures;
- Conduct threat assessments and site surveys; prepare and provide security briefings, written security advice and recommendation to the Corporation;
- Issue security advisory when required;
- Issue and/or review reports on incidents and breaches;
- Investigate and resolve incidents/security issues involving Corporation/ Tenant’s personnel, installations and equipment, and prepare a comprehensive report ;
- Assist in the supervision of security service providers and establish standard for security service delivery;
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses (invoices/bills from service providers);
- Ensure security of the Corporation premises and issues gate passes for items coming in and going out of the premises as appropriate;
- Analyze data/information from security reports and/or security tools e.g. CCTV) to form proposal for improvements;
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and regulations, and that routine/sector patrols are conducted to check the security of the building, staff and equipment;
- Liaise when necessary with designated host government security, safety and emergency officials and exchange security related information with all relevant agencies;
- Manage all aspects of the administration and work of security operatives (duty rosters, leave schedules, uniforms and equipment);
- Conduct regular fire and safety inspections in the Corporation’s facilities, to report all shortcomings and make recommendations to bring the facilities to international security, fire & safety standards;
- Supervise all security equipment and ensure that security operatives are trained to use them in the performance of security services (fire control/extinguisher, fire alarm system, video surveillance, access control, walkie-talkie, etc.)
• Excellent knowledge of security management and proven experience in similar position and organization;
• Demonstrated leadership skills in managing security operations;
• Outstanding organizational and people management skills, with ability to lead, plan and organize work, train and motivate a team of third party support staff;
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written), including the ability to draft/ edit a variety of written reports in a clear concise manner with excellent ability to present comprehensive technical information and organize complex sets of records and facts;
• Excellent reporting and emergency response planning skills;
• Good ability to develop security policies, processes and procedures;
• Good knowledge and hand-on experience in using relevant technology and equipment for security purposes;
• Excellent investigation skills, with good knowledge of security risk assessment, survey and intelligence reporting;
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and good working relationship with security agencies;
• Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignment given as well as make quick decisions in emergencies or when rapid response is required;
• Reliable, Committed, with flawless availability;
• Working knowledge of MS Office
- be holders of a University Degree or its equivalent plus at least a minimum of 5 years work experience not below the position of Assistant Supervisor in security operations of a private business organization or international organisation;
- be retired members of either the Police Force, State Security Service, National Civil Defense Corps, or the armed forces not below the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police or its equivalent in the other services.
- professional membership and/or Security Certification from local or internationally recognized security institutes or associations will be an added value;
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
· Competitive Basic Salary on Support Staff Grade Level
· Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
· Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
· Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
· Medical cover for staff and family;
· Housing Allowance
Applicants must also be:
• Fluent in English or French
• Good working knowledge of the other language will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates for this positions are requested to visit the Africa Re website (http://www.africa-re.com/career) to complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.
The Company reserves the right to appoint at the advertised level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Closing date for submission of applications: May 16, 2019