The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company, the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums and among Top 40 Global Reinsurance Groups by 2018 S&P Ranking.
Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebène (Mauritius) as well as one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It also has two (2) Subsidiary Companies - Africa Re South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa) and Africa Retakaful and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States; the African Development Bank; 111 African insurance and reinsurance companies; and four (4) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A (Stable Outlook) by A.M. Best Company and A – (Stable Outlook) by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa Re announces the vacancy of the position of Manager - Talent Development in her Head Office in Lagos (Nigeria) in the Professional Staff Category Level.
The Manager - Talent Development will plan, develop, coordinate, and execute training and staff development programs to enhance career development, succession planning; fill skill gaps and Induct new staff using all appropriate and effective learning/training methodologies. As a forward-thinking Talent Development specialist, s/he will build a Learning and Development system for employees to increase their value proposition and enable personal innovation and growth. S/he will contribute to set up, manage and direct activities of the Africa-RE Training Centre (ATC) ensuring alignment with all approved objectives and targets to achieve the Africa-Re learning goals for clients and staff.
The duties of the Manager - Talent Development shall comprise amongst others:
Learning & Development
• Identify training and development needs within Africa-Re Group through job and skills-gap analysis, performance appraisal outcomes, and regular consultation with Regional/Departmental Heads and the HR Department.
• Recommend training courses, seminars, information sessions, workshops and conferences to enhance the capabilities of Africa-Re staff and provide them with appropriate tools and skills.
• Develop course curricula in consultation with the Regional Offices for cedants and brokers ensuring that the courses offered meet the standards and requirements of the Institute.
• Oversee and approve the schedules and timetables for courses, ensuring that they are adequately planned.
• Collaborate on vision and planning for emerging teaching and learning technologies and E-platforms where relevant, and involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
• Develop testing and evaluation procedures and periodically evaluate training effectiveness and present periodic reports to Management and other stake holders.
• Collaborate with senior leaders and HR Stakeholders to ensure solutions are meeting business needs.
Africa Re Training Centre Management
• Prepare the business plan and annual budget for the Africa Re Training Centre (ATC) in line with the Corporation’s overall learning objectives
• Ensure competent external and in-house trainers with required skills are sourced/hired to facilitate training and development programmes in the training centre, Africa Re locations, or at other chosen venues.
• Document training materials as well as keeping them up to date.
• Formulate talent development strategy for the entire corporation that will enhance leadership and skills acquisition.
• Assist in designing, building, testing and implementing Talent and leadership pipeline identification and development solutions
• Partner with key stakeholders to assess and identify core competencies for each role, design and implement organizational competency models to drive transparency and objectivity in decision making around people.
• Train all staff in the assessment of competence profiles with the aim to institute Competence Based Development (CBD) and training
• Assist the Director of HR & Administration to facilitate the transition to standard Talent Management, fostering programs that increase employee engagement, retention, and productivity while sustaining the Corporation’s culture and core values.
• Institute coaching and mentoring processes to complement other learning and development interventions
• Promote multicultural teaching and the infusion of diversity into the curriculum/classroom.
• Assist staff to Identify and implement Individual Development Plans (IDP) and advise on career development paths for each employee to enhance staff career planning.
• Attend to any other duty as may be assigned by the Corporation’s executive management from time to time.
• Good writing, communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage pan-African, bi-lingual learning population.
• Ability to plan, prioritise, and coordinate learning projects or programs across teams work streams, and locations.
• Ability to write, advise and develop HR reports, policies, procedures and regulations related to staff development, and ability to write proposals for funding of training programmes.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders and to lead projects like the Training Centre and the Young Insurance Professional Programme (a CSR activity),
• A client service and transformation mind-set, strong logical and strategic thinking, and ability to do process re-design or re-engineering.
• Ability to evaluate training feedback to monitor course effectiveness and make appropriate corrections.
• Ability to Identify resources and manage the utilization of the most cost effective and efficient application of resources.
• Advanced knowledge of modern training techniques, models, methods and the application of these in both principle and practice.
• Demonstrated strong foundation in designing, developing and implementing (i) practical integrated talent development solutions ( formal assessments, talent reviews, succession, etc.), (ii) experiential/on-the-job development solutions (job rotations, stretch assignments, etc.), and (iii) design competency models and programs.
• Ability to work well with all levels of management and across group operations
• Strong team player and proven leadership and managerial skills/experience;
• Good interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work in a bi-lingual multi-cultural environment;
• Computer literacy with good interactive knowledge of Microsoft Office Package and other insurance related software
• Working knowledge of both English and French, Prior experience in Insurance / Reinsurance, and HR management processes will be sure advantages
Applicants shall be holders of
• First University Degree plus Masters or equivalent in relevant fields from a recognized university, plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the Insurance/Reinsurance sector and/or in international finance institutions
• First University Degree in relevant fields from a recognized university, plus full Professional qualifications , plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the Insurance/Reinsurance sector and/or in international finance institutions
• First University Degree in relevant fields from a recognized university plus 11 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the Insurance/Reinsurance sector and/or in international finance institutions.
• Professional membership of a recognized Training & Development institute and Insurance/reinsurance institutes will be added advantages
• Prior and Relevant work experience in similar positions is a major requirement.
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
· Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Professional Staff Grade Level
· Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
· Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
· Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
· Medical cover for staff and family;
· Housing Allowance
· Home leave to country of origin every year paid by the employer (if non-national) ;
· Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
• Bilingual (English and French) ideally or
• Fluent in English or French with,
• Good working knowledge of the other language will be required.
Interested candidates for this positions are requested to visit the Africa Re website (https://www.africa-re.com/career) to complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.
The Company reserves the right to appoint at the advertised level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Closing date for submission of applications: May 05, 2019