The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 111 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers. The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
The successful candidate shall act as a technical professional who shall operate, monitor, and maintain in good working condition all the generators, switch panels and public utility supply.
DUTIES / JOB DETAILS
The main duties of the Generator Attendant shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
• Performs minor diagnosis and maintenance of plants and machineries
• Maintains appropriate record of preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Visually inspect gauges, fuel dumps and record same appropriately.
• Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
• Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Africa Re premises
• Provide daily record of diesel consumption and management
• Perform any other tasks as requested by the Senior Maintenance Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the building.
• Considerable knowledge of generator operations including basic repair and maintenance, basic electric and mechanical skills.
• Skill in the use of hand and power tools
• Experience in Caterpillar (CAT) Generators will be an added advantage
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
• Strong work ethics
• Ordinary National Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a reputable Institution Or
• A Technical ( City & Guides) or Trade Test certificate in Engineering ( Trade Test 1, 2 &3)
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in the operation of heavy duty generators and proven knowledge of the working principles of automatic switching systems
• Previous experience in a similar role
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
• Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level MS 3;
• Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus);
• Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer);
• Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children);
• Medical cover for staff and family;
• Housing allowance;
• Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant);
• Inflation Adjustment, that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation.
• Transport Allowance
Applicants must also be:
• Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
• Nationals of Members state of Africa Re;
• Not more than 30 years old.
Applications, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the following address:
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa Re website at http://www.africa-re.com/en/current-vacancies
for full job descriptions, main specifications, salary & benefits and to complete the online employment form.
Africa Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers a good working environment commensurate with international standards.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: March 21, 2019