Africa Re announces vacancies for the positions of Two (2) Assistant Account Officers for West Africa Regional Office in Lagos, Nigeria.
The successful candidate shall Report directly to the Assistant Director Finance & Administration (ADFA) of the West Africa Regional Office and responsible for the receipt of all incoming funds to West Africa Regional Office and lodgments into relevant bank accounts whether locally or offshore.
The main duties of the Assistant Account Officers shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
• Posting of all receipts and Payments.
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation
• Preparation of Weekly liquidity/collection report
• Carry out daily cash allocation of receipts and payments
• Reconciliation of retrocessionaires’ accounts
• Raising and posting of Journal Vouchers
• Inter Office reconciliation for all locations.
• Cash matching of receipts and payments with related reinsurance debtor transactions for assigned cedants.
• Providing technical accounting support to the Underwriting team in the processing, maintenance and reconciliation of cedant/broker accounts
• Engage in an aggressive collection drive.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by ADFA
• Excellent knowledge of insurance and reinsurance.
• Very Good reporting skills.
• Basic accounting knowledge
• Work with limited supervision
• Working knowledge of accounting software (MS excel in particular)
• Analytical mind
• Good interpersonal relations
• Capacity for analyzing and reasoning
• Capacity for planning
• Capacity for taking initiatives and decision
• Ability to foster cordial relationship with cedants and colleagues
• Should be of high Integrity and have good sense of responsibility
• Higher National Diploma (HND) or First University degree or equivalent in relevant field plus a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience;
• Relevant work experience in a Technical Accounts department of a reinsurance company or an insurance company is a must.
• Relevant Professional Qualification would be an added advantage.
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
• Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS 2;
• Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus);
• Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer);
• Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children);
• Medical cover for staff and family;
• Housing allowance;
• Inflation Adjustment, that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation.
• Transport Allowance
Applicants must also be:
• Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
• Nationals of Members state of Africa Re;
• Not more than 32 years old.
Applications, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the following address:
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa Re website at http://www.africa-re.com/career
for full job descriptions, main specifications, salary & benefits and to complete the online employment form.
Africa Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers a good working environment commensurate with international standards.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: February 22, 2019